You think you know, but you have no idea...

A blog about my experiences of life as a student teacher.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

As one door closes, another opens...

Just a quick post to jot down the events of the last week. My tutor visit went really well - I felt like I hadnt done as much specific presentation for the 'crit' as I had done in the past, but felt strangely prepared by the amount of experience I'v had over the placement in having to adapt to different circumstances and deal with whatever has been thrown at me! In the end, that experience must have paid off - I admit I didnt attempt a hugely fancy lesson, as the class I had were just completing a project so I carried on with that in the way I would normally have done. I was pleased with how the lesson went, and my tutor really liked my rapport with the class and my classroom management! "Firm and unflapable!!" It was nice to get that out the way, but the rest of the week was pretty busy with trying to get my assignment 3 done. I suppose it didnt help that I ventured out for a drink with one of the girls in the department on Thursday night - got in about 1am and went straight back to finishing my footnotes and bibliography! The drink was well-deserved though!!

Found out my local authority on Friday too, I got my first choice which is fantastic and will hopefully mean not too far to travel. Can't wait to discover what school I'll be joining, and begin to get organised!! I have a box in my bedroom, into which I'm collecting anything which I think might prove useful for next year!! Lol!! I am so looking forward to getting started!

This week I have my APD presentation -eek! This is quite a daunting thought - I'm attempting a Powerpoint again which Im working on at the minute. In a similar situation to the assignment - Im struggling quite a bit with it!! Im so out of touch with presenting work to my peers - yet it was something which was such a big thing at art school and really didnt bother me that much. Anyway i better get back to it!