You think you know, but you have no idea...

A blog about my experiences of life as a student teacher.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

I see a bad moon rising...

Jeez this teaching malarky is hard work!! I am absolutely shattered all the time - my wee brain is fried, but loving it all the same!! This hasnt even been a full week so really have no excuse to complain about being tired. However, the crit date has now been announced so this week is going to be another busy one - then again, when are they not?!!

Going through a nice stage where I am not dreading my teaching periods anymore, but would actually rather be teaching than sitting in the base writing lesson plans!! Im feeling like a wee sponge - I just want to absorb everything and make the most of the time thats left in school. Im aware of how quickly time is flying by - half way through already! Omg!

My social life is suffering too... so sad!! Apart from being too tired to do anything but sit on the couch with a bottle of wine, I am avoiding the embarrassing situation of meeting pupils when out. I will definately not want to work in the same area as I live when I come to applying for jobs!

My struggle this week with a lot of classes has been to get everyone to the same stage before moving on to the next step. Mmmm.... a very tough one I have found. There is such a huge mix of ability in these classes in S1 and S2 that generally the ones who are really good at art take forever - they work slowly and carefully, producing excellent work. However those with less ablity tend to fly through the task and produce less impressive work. Therefore extension tasks need to be suited at those with less ability. This week should be easier however as most of my units of work begin a new stage where everyone should start off at the same stage! Not for long though I would imagine.

Anyway, long overdue post I admit. Maybe in the stress of the lead-up to my crit I'll feel like moaning more - however judging by the amount of preparation I have to do this week, I somehow doubt it!!

Have a good week y'all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home