You think you know, but you have no idea...

A blog about my experiences of life as a student teacher.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Here I am - finally given in to the world of blogging!!

Like many of the students at Jordanhill on the PGDE course, after David and Ewan's ict lecture last week, I was inspired to start sharing my thoughts with the world via the 'blog'. Im hoping it will be useful for me to articulate my own learning as a student teacher, and I suppose, somewhere I can let off steam!

For anyone else who attended this morning's lecture on Assessment, I hope you found it as inspiring as I did. Left feeling like I had learned loads in such a short space of time, and was definately worth getting out of bed for!! Found that lots of the stuff Dylan Wiliams mentioned in the video was really worthwhile, and although it sounded like common sense, it seems that schools have a long way to go in implementing these concepts. I know a great deal of it was Primary based, but I agree with what Wiliams said that secondary education could learn a lot from Primary. Was desperately racking my brains to think of ways I could include these ideas in my subject area of Art and Design, and I suppose this is the challenge now as we all head out on our second placement....

Trying very hard not to worry about the amount of stuff I have to do before starting placement... i am a worrier by nature. My new years resolution was to worry less about things I couldnt control.. mmmm... not doing so well! Gona try and get some lessons planned out over the weekend, but one thing I learned from last placement was that I cant do everything - im gona have to find a work/life balance, hard as this may seem.

Anyway first blog over, feel better already! Looking forward to lots of friendly comments!

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger LesleyJ said...

Good for you, jumping on the blogging concept. I really did find it helpful to write things down on my blog, it helped me put things into perspective - plus if you stick at it, you will get comments from people all over, helping you out. I even got a marriage proposal from INDIA.......

Good luck with your second placement!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home