You think you know, but you have no idea...

A blog about my experiences of life as a student teacher.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Can't believe.... the last week is here

How time flies when you're having fun. Can not believe that this is the last week of our second placement - I am just beginning to feel settled and enjoying things. Teaching is going well on the whole, although there are those periods when something goes wrong and it gets you feeling realy down. Last period on Friday was one of those.... the class were as high as kites and whilst I thought I had managed to settle them down, they just would not shut up when they got started working. I was losing it completely and honestly couldnt think of what to do to get them to work quietly. In an open plan department, noise level is fundamental. Then one boy threw a paint brush and another spilled over a waterpot by accident!! Aaaargh!! Stress!! Not a good period. But then its all balanced out by a wonderful wee class who all sit there wide-eyed with their hands up desperate to tell you what they think, or the wee boys in the corridor who smile at you and say 'hi miss..' lol! I think its always really important to consider what made those periods go so badly... and of course take what you can from it and learn for the next time.

Oh... www.ratemyteacher.co.uk Has caused great deal of commotion in school last week. Not sure what I think about it. In some ways I think it is great to be able to hear what pupils think about you.... interactive learning/dialogue and all that, but then I think that perhaps what a pupil thinks just now in S1 or S2 isnt necesaarily how they will always feel about you. Does that make sense? Are they really the best judges of your performance as a teacher? Obviously yes, but in some ways I'd say no too. I would hope that all my pupils would think I am quite strict, and although they probably see that as a bad thing, I would say it is a good thing as a beginning teacher. I feel im not making sense anymore.

Its past my bedtime and im sleepy....

Enjoy the last few days everyone!

5 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger David said...

"Teaching is going well on the whole, although there are those periods when something goes wrong and it gets you feeling realy down. Last period on Friday was one of those..."

Isn't that typical! Last period on a Friday means you've got all weekend to go over the lesson again and again in your head. If it had happened at any other time you could have got straight back on the horse again and got on with the job of teaching. Anyway, I'm glad that you are, "beginning to feel settled" and that you are "enjoying things". ...And sorry that we're bringing you back to Jordanhill to spoil your fun. :-)

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that bitch of a teacher is doing my head in.everything i do, she thinks isn't good enough. why doesn't this p.e teacher do it all herself instead of taking it all out on me

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my maths teacher is the most gorgeous guy on the whole planet. I am so lucky 2 have him 3 times a week!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

School i find is rather phantasmagorical. I was not born with utmost intelligence, so any career i decide to do in the future, i cast aside as me being pretentious. My teachers are all HORRIBLE AND PATRONISING AND ALL HATE ME AND MAKE ME FEEL THICK.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here stuckinthemiddle2006.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research presents that almost 80% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home